Thursday, February 7, 2008

Closing Delayed... Again





We had the final walk-through inspection today, then Terence, my friend & relator, took me to lunch.  Then found out this afternoon that we still don't have the TCO and the closing scheduled for next Tuesday has been adjourned "to be rescheduled at an indeterminate future date."  

So frustrating... and so hard to stay positive about it.  It is a sensitive subject too... "How is the new place... Did you move yet? No?  Why?"  Imagine asking a couple who is trying to have a baby "did you get knocked up yet?  No?  Why not?" or someone looking for a job, "are you still unemployed?  You haven't found a job yet?  How come?"  I know people mean the best, but I don't want to hear it...

That damn couch too... I called them back & they will credit me this month's storage fee if I have it delivered during the month of February.   If the media center is not delivered by then, I'll have to return it and re-buy it.  

However, I am optimistic that the closing will happen before the end of the month.  And, since the closing date is not yet determined, I'd rather get the f**king piece of paper and THEN schedule a closing.  I 'd like to avoid calling my painter and movers for a THIRD time to reschedule.  

I emailed my roommate to let her know that the closing has been delayed and will stay through March 1 for sure (whether or not she could find someone mid-month aside, I intended on getting out of here by the 15th).  The response was along the lines of, "When you say through March 1 do you mean the person could move in March 1 or would you be staying through the end March?"  A) I really don't know because I don't yet have a closing date, but I hope to hell not, and B) clearly my misuse of the word "through" instead of "until" March 1 warrants confusion beyond the fringes that any Stanford-educated logic might possibly solve.

Anyway,  I did take some new pictures- it is absolutely gorgeous.  I've continually been refining my color selection as well- a lighter blue (Benjamin Moore "Airway") on the bedroom walls with "Harlequin Blue" accents (two shades darker).  The main wall is going to be some kind of neutrally-beige-y-not yet sure color.  Right now "Creamed Fleece" is one of them- I want a neutral but complex color... I think a shade with either green (analogous) or orange (complementary) in it would go nicely.  It is hard to match it to the floors though, which have a very warm feel.  

My perception of the colors changes all the time- which is probably why I should be carrying around all these paint swatches all the time in order to test them in a variety of natural & artificial lighting.  I'm also thinking of a second accent color on just the pillar to the left of the window.  It is a small area, but could look really cool to bring another shade into the mix.  I could also have it on the side-wall adjacent to the window (the other 2 surfaces on the area between the window & bedroom would be the darker blue. 

The plus side... now I have at least another week to decide on color.   

Sigh.    

No comments: