Monday, February 4, 2008

This blogging thing can't be that complicated...

In fourth grade I got a journal for Christmas and without fail, wrote daily for years... pretty much until I went away to college. When I was young, typical musings concerned things like the snow melting, how unfair my parents were, the secret nickname & imaginary relationship with my 6th grade crush etc. They got much more interesting as I grew up- I particularly enjoy going through my travel journals, and am especially thankful that I never have to be 17 again.

I've amassed a small library of filled journals, but writing in them has drifted off... One thing very apparent to me now is how satisfying it is to just open the book and feel as though the words just write themselves.

Lately I've been noticing the need to have that same kind of cheap therapy that can only be found by writing out my feelings- besides, the benefit I get from words on paper/a screen is much more versatile than the poor people conscripted to listen to me sort out my feelings when I talk about them out loud. These conversations often take place on a run, and lately, I feel like combined stamina of my running partner and me isn't quite long enough for me to get clarity about life at the moment.

The top-three things taking up additional brain juice these days are: 1) about to close on a condo & move into a new place, literally an entire year after I started the process, 2) about to have a new employer/new job for reasons outside of my grasp (selling our group) and c) running, of course (fitting it in to my life, finding the motivation to sweat through the cold/winter weather, injuries, and most importantly, the additional (and complementary) cheap therapy I get from running).

I originally thought of called this blog "Must be a Metaphor" because I'm absolutely certain all of the individual thoughts on my mind as well as the context in which they present themselves to be experienced through life are all related to each other, if not the same thing. Dealing with change in life, or figuring out what exactly am I naturally good at, or building relationships with the people I trust, or lining up at a race at a slower pace group than I know I can run (because I'm "just running, not racing" and then running a personal best... all of these things are related. More on all of these topics to follow... in fact, much, much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo forums[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood methods to build an income online.