Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good food with good friends

We had friends over the other day for lunch and enjoyed a delicious spread of sandwiches, tomato & basil salad, tabouli, spinach salad, and lebanese bread with hummus...

My husband's summertime favorite may very well be fried plantains. He cooks on low heat with vegetable oil. Unlike bananas, plantains tend to stay quite firm even when extremely ripe. As they cook, they become sweeter and sweeter, until they are like candy with a crispy golden outer shell.


Speaking of candy. Okay, okay, this was a different occasion, but I liked the picture. On our way home from CT, we had dinner at Crocker Barrel. Now I can say I've been there once and can cross it off the list. My arteries rejoice.

2 comments:

HornHarmony said...

Don't you mean Cracker Barrel? :)

Amy said...

Oh yeah. Cracker, Crocker, same difference, right? PS- I LOVE the wedding pics from last week! Your website looks fantastic!