Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Every time I see an Italian coffee percolator, I think of Jess



I heard from a good college friend today, none other than Ms. Jess P.  You will one day see her on SNL, or doing stand up, I predict.  

Typical Smithie... A very accomplished flutist (is that a word), I think a Music major, possibly double major in Italian too.  She now lives is San Francisco (again, typical Smithie behavior to migrate to cool cities, what can we say?) and is getting ready for an MBA in finance/economics.  Clearly she and I took similar different paths from Smith by starting career paths that appear to have absolutely nothing to do with anything we studied in college.  In addition to intramural soccer and the community orchestra, Jess is now doing Venture Capital analysis and research for Dow Jones.  That is precisely what I love about Smith though.  Jess knows what I'm talking about here... must be a Smith thing.  

Anyway, whenever I think back to my time and friends at Smith, images of Jess are never without a coffee percolator.  I'm not really sure what branded such a distinct mental image, but I pity everyone else who sees coffee percolators and does not have the pleasure of remembering Jess P. stories and laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]IBsZDkaZIKMqhV[/url] , irgIQ - http://iluubcb.com