Tuesday, November 8, 2011

15 Days old


Palesa was helping Daddy type.  Actually, she was distracting Daddy from typing

 Our big accomplishment of the day was Palesa's first bath!  I wanted to hold on to that newborn smell in her hair for as long as possible, but the sour milk smell from her neck indicated that it was probably time for her first bath.  Osei handed her to me while I was in the shower.  At first she was surprised at suddenly being wet, but she seemed to enjoy it after a while.  However, though I splashed her body with water, I completely forgot to pay attention to her milky neck.  Oh well.

When she nurses, she'll easily grip whatever is around her.  Her fingers are still so tiny.   
We also had a visit from Audra and Catherine, two of our midwives.  They loved getting to see her again, and confirmed that she's gotten exponentially cuter since their last visit.  She's gaining wait like a little champ, and according to Audra's scale, 7 lbs, 13 ounces.

No comments: