Friday, November 18, 2011

Palesa meets Auntie Suz and goes to school!

Friday morning we went to Denver for a few meetings.  Osei had meetings, and Palesa and I just hung out in the coffee shop.  Then we drove up to Windsor, CO, to meet Auntie Suz.  She was SO excited to finally meet Palesa that she was even waiting outside for us.  Palesa was very excited to see her too.  Auntie Suz is a band director at Windsor High School.

Later that afternoon, we went to pick up Uncle Bryan from school- he is a math teacher at the same school.  I wore Palesa in the Moby wrap, and since I generally don't spend much time these days in high schools, especially carrying a baby, I hoped that no one thought I was a high school student with a baby.  Actually, let's be realistic- what almost 30-year-old wouldn't want to be confused with an 18 year old?  What am I saying?

Anyway, after we visited the Math room, we went to the Band room and I got to meet many of her band students.  Windsor High School marching band and Palesa have a special connection, because the band won the marching band State Competition on the day Palesa was born.  The overwhelming consensus was that Palesa is 'sooooooooo cuuuuuute!"  It was a big day for Palesa.  After all, she was only 3.5 weeks old the first time she went to school!  (We take our education very seriously in this family, and I'll let you know when Palesa selects her instrument)
Then Palesa slept while Auntie Suz wore her in the Moby wrap.  I took a nap.

No comments: