Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, the LAST time someone sent me 10-dozen red roses...

Now this is something you or I may never experience.  I have a colleague with, well, an admirer.  Since I've been working here, this is the second time he's sent her a triple-digit-number of red roses.  If you saw her in person, you might understand why someone would send her 120, that would be 2 bouquets of five dozen red roses each.  ONE HUNDRED TWENTY roses.  Now, you or I may never have this experience... but imagine if that were YOU, getting 2 of these honking things delivered TO YOUR DESK AT WORK... on a bi-monthly basis.  Yeah, that could be a little embarrassing... not like you can really blend into the crowd with this one

It is easy to miss what 120 roses really looks like until you realize that Felice (not the recipient, just a willing model) is not a miniature person but a NORMAL SIZED HUMAN BEING.  She could curl her entire body into a smaller space than these babies!

2 comments:

MelMaGray said...

wow! she should drop a hint that the money would be better spent at a jewelry story next time :)

dsquil said...

Hi,

My name is Dana and I'm a journalist for FIRST magazine.

I'm currently looking for funny photos for a Valentine's Day collage and thought the picture of you hugging the roses would be perfect!

I was curious to know if I could submit the photo to my editor? If you could get back to me through email and let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing back from you. Oh, and if your photo is selected, you'll receive $100 for the contribution. Thanks again!

Best,

Dana
dsquilla@bauerpublishing.com