Friday, October 7, 2011

20.5 weeks

Hello all,

Here is a picture from yesterday, at 20 weeks 5 days. I can't believe we made it to the half-way point!

A few times lately, people (ALWAYS young women) have given up their seat for me on the subway train after realizing I am pregnant. This is usually because I will rub my belly and relax my core so that my belly sticks out as far as it can (though hopefully not too passive-aggressively!). Anyway, yesterday, for the first time, an unrelated stranger asked me if I was expecting! I was so surprised and excited when she asked that when she next asked me how far along I was, I couldn't even remember! My mind was totally blank...

Yesterday was also a big day for us. Over the past year, I have been in Midwifery school, and yesterday I graduated from my course. I still have a long road ahead of me before being ready to officially practice as a midwife, but completing the formal portion of my studies feels like a huge step!

I hope all are well.

Hugs from all three of us!

Amy, Osei, and our fetus, growing-baby Omee

No comments: