Monday, October 31, 2011

A week flies by!

All day long I kept thinking about where we were a week ago and how hard I was working to birth our baby daughter.  I know it is still a long time before college and all the other grown-up stuff she's about to do, but I can't believe how fast a week has gone by already. 
















We put Palesa in the belly cast we made at about 39 weeks, and she definitely fit!  Unfortunately, both Osei and I lack the creative photography talents of my sister Suz, and In Harmony Studios, so you can't actually tell it is a belly cast.  Anyway, we did undress her and put her in the belly cast naked.  And then she promptly pooped all over the breast portion of the cast.  We had her curled up in a ball and she just went for it.  If I post a picture of her pooping in the belly cast, someday she might not speak to me for a week because of it, so I need a day to reflect whether it is worth embarrassing her.
 

Luckily, after the poop fiasco, I was able to nurse her back to sleep and we laid her on a blanket on the couch for a few cute posed shots underneath the living room window.  We had the heater on so she stayed nice and toasty. 

I love her little face in this picture.  She looks so much different than she did the day she was born.  We've determined that she does have Osei's nose, but outside of that, we're not sure who she looks like.
















 This picture is post-poop, and pre nursing, before she fell back asleep.  You can see why Anne Geddes photographs sleeping newborns.  She was much happier after a snack and a nap, and understandably so.

No comments: