Friday, October 28, 2011

Four days old

Most likely I'm not going to write these every day.  Part of me is sad (though joyfully sad) knowing that this newborn time will go so quickly.  So now, I want to remember as much as I possibly can of these special moments.  Perhaps someday she will enjoy reading this and seeing herself as a newborn, and seeing how over-the-moon happy her parents were to welcome her into our lives.

Today her umbilical cord stump fell off.  I went to change her diaper and there it was.  It had been getting a little stinky lately.

Palesa smiled this evening for the first time.  We both saw it (and loved it).  She still sleeps most of the day, but she is more alert when awake.  When she stretches, she arches her back and raises her arms above her head.  She still loves to be swaddled, though we have a tough time keeping her arms below, because she likes them next to her face.

Today Osei went down to City Hall to file her birth certificate.  The trip took a long time, and I missed him being gone so much!  I loved seeing her name in print on an official document like that, Palesa Sela May.  Seeing our names listed as Mother and Father was also a bit emotional.

When he came home, he carried Palesa in the Moby wrap so that I could shower, and the two of us spent some time cuddling.

No comments: