Friday, October 7, 2011

32.5 weeks and what an adventure!

Hello all,

In a single week Omee has now survived its first earthquake and hurricane. Actually, though we felt the earthquake here in Boston, it was quite minor. I thought it was Omee moving, until I realized that I don't usually feel my head spinning when Omee moves! And Hurricane Irene was just a tropical storm by the time it reached us, and about as uneventful as we could have hoped. Though we were supposed to meet up with Osei's parents in Western Massachusetts, the storm changed all of our plans and we all stayed put for the weekend. Osei's parents will come to visit us this Wednesday instead.

Osei and I were happy to report that we received no flooding or power outages, and just a few branches down in our backyard. We hope that the storm was just as uneventful for all of our friends and family along the East Coast!

In other pregnancy news, I am a little sad to say this, but I believe I now waddle when I walk. I am thankful to be able to be so active this far along, but I also believe that my running days are coming to a close this pregnancy. I said all along that I would only run until it stopped being fun, and I think that time has come. Previously, I thought that if Paula Radcliffe (women's world record holder in the marathon, who won the NYC marathon 8 months after giving birth) could run right up until her due date, then so could I. Apparently I had forgotten that I am not a professional runner, and I do not have a personal support staff of massage therapist and chiropractor. But on the bright side, I'm still happily riding my spin bike and taking other classes at my gym, including using weights.

I hope all are doing well!

Love and hugs and blessings,

Amy, Osei, and Omee

No comments: