Saturday, January 10, 2009

Er... make that hot chocolate

I had a 15 mile run this morning to ponder the meaning of life.  My big epiphany was that 20 degrees is, well, a brisk day to be running.  A mug of hot chocolate waiting for me back at home is the only reason I made it through miles 3-15 at all.

The forecast this weekend is for snow, so I wanted to make sure I got my long run in before the weather turned really challenging.  The last 5 miles or so, the snow began sticking on the bridal path, though the roads were just wet.  They were big soft flakes anyway, which is nice because they don't hurt your eyes if you forgot a brimmed hat or sunglasses.

Anyway, my chocolate milk was mixed in a mug instead of a glass, and thrown in the microwave for 1:20.  Delicious.  

Go forth now and recover, muscles. 

No comments: