Saturday, January 3, 2009

Paris in the springtime






I'm running the Paris Marathon on April 5th.  Normally, that would be 26.2 miles, but since this is my first international marathon, we'll call it 42 kilometers instead.  

I'm still getting my exact training schedule together, which I'll post later.  My goal is 3:35.  After Philly half-marathon (1:37:35, or 7:27 per mile pace) I feel great about this goal!

This morning I ran an easy 12 miles (2 big loops around the park), which is my first "official" marathon training run.  I ran both loops in 51 minutes each, exactly 8:30 per mile pace.  Had anyone asked me my pace while running, I would have thought about 9:30 or slower based on effort, and I wasn't really even paying attention to even splits.  

Paris, here I come (Paris, j'arrive!)



1 comment:

Simon Anderson said...

Good luck with your winter training schedule. Don't you just love the thought of running for hours in perishing weather?!

I hope you achieve your race goal.

Best wishes,

Simon.