Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trust me on this one... I don't think you're supposed to spread pizza dough with a spatula

I made pizza yesterday, including a dough mix from Whole Foods  
I followed the directions to the letter, but it seemed kind of sticky and funny so I added flour
Even after letting the dough rise for over an hour,  it was a blobby mess.  I ended up having to spread the dough into the pan with a spatula.  That is not normal.
Fortunately, the pizza came out okay once baked.  Note the "Gluten Free" part on the box- we'll not be trying this one again.  

This is definitely an ego blow... Was it me, or was it the mix?  Was it because I whisked everything by hand because I don't have a mixer?  (And yes, my arms are still a little sore).  Did I mess something up because I was listening and repeating Russian dialogues and vocabulary words while making the dough?

My heart goes out to all the Celiac suffers out there, but I'll take my pizza dough with gluten, thank you very much. 

No comments: